I wanted to create a quick post to summarize some of the information for the challenge and clarify any confusion that people might have.
The challenge will begin Monday January 22, however, the last day to sign up is Wednesday January 24. The challenge will last four weeks with the last day being Sunday February 19th.
You will be put on a team once everyone has begun the challenge with coaches as your team captains. Each person will be earning points individually by sticking to their nutrition plan and gaining bonus points. Individual points will be added together to create a team total. At the end of the four weeks, we will have individual winners and team winners based on point totals.
We will be using the classic CrossFit workout “Baseline” as one measure of progress for the challenge. The workout is programmed in class on Monday January 22 and will be repeated once the challenge is completed. If you cannot attend class on Monday, complete the workout by the end of the day Wednesday and submit your score to Johnnie (email@example.com).
There will be three nutrition levels for you to choose from. When you sign up, you must designate which nutritional level you will be following. There are a maximum of 12 points for each day no matter which nutrition level you choose. There are documents in the gym and on the Nutrition Facebook group explaining the different levels.
Additional points will be given for attending classes and other lifestyle factors.
- Each regular/express CrossFit class will award 2 points for the first attendance of the week and 1 additional point for each attendance thereafter
- Each Specialty class (Yoga, FORM, Oly, Strongman, Jiu-Jitsu) will award 2 points for the first attendance of the week and 1 additional point for each attendance thereafter
- 1 point will be awarded for drinking half of your bodyweight (pounds) in ounces of water each day
- 1 point will be awarded for sleeping 7 hours or more each night
- An additional 5 points will be awarded for attending 5 regular CrossFit classes Monday through Friday
- An additional 5 points will be awarded for attending both Oly classes and Strongman for the week
- An additional 5 points will be awarded for attending 5 Jiu-Jitsu classes throughout the week
- An additional 10 points will be awarded for attending all 4 yoga classes throughout the challenge
- An additional 10 points will be awarded for attending all 4 FORM classes throughout the challenge
- 2 points will be subtracted daily for any alcohol or tobacco use
Individuals must keep track of their own point totals and submit their totals to Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday at 7PM each week. The honor system will be used, but Griffin will randomly check individual’s food logs and attendance records to ensure reliability.
If you have any other questions, just ask a coach or email (email@example.com) / text (317-529-8365) Griffin.
Good luck and may the macros be ever in your favor!